Thankfully it doesn't smell like skunk-ass-pot. The security guard was very surprised about what I had in my bag. And I apparently I made the day of a woman who was stoned and drunk, and wanted to sleep with my friend. The power of socks, social lubricant, and interesting thing to do in between bands.
The concert was Linkin Park + Incubus, and sadly the crowd was too young to appreciate Incubus, and oddly Linkin Park's new album received more of a confused crowd than an excited one. There is just something about being in a stadium, screaming the lyrics of the songs with everyone else. For their older stuff, I think maybe 75% of the crowd was singing along. I think their showmanship was much better than when I saw them 4 years ago in Albuquerque. And I know for a fact the crowd was way more excited in Indy.
On one hand I am a little frustrated that the socks don't match perfectly. On the other I am relieved that I can finish these up soon.
The picture below is probably the first sock. I just forgot to post a photo. Whoops. They are all up on Ravelry now.
I am trying to make the leg length match, which is where I line up the heels and toes and measure the sock from there. In that regard I am to the ribbing. If I line up the toes, I am 1-2 cables away from being done. The goal is to make them look as much as possible the same. Leg length is the part coming out of the shoe, so it will have to work.
Since the last time I blogged I also ripped out most of the butterflies sock. In the end, 76 stitches was not nearly enough. I made different mods to the pattern to get 80 stitches, and hopefully this will work. Apparently the glass is still half full.
Here is where I was with the 76 stitch sock, right before ripping back to the cuff.
Here is where I am now, in the middle of the first butterfly.
I got rid of the 2 extra white stitches on either side of the butterfly, and replaced them with 4 stitches of continued stripe pattern on either side. On the incoming side I just continued in pattern. On the outgoing side I figured out what the 4 stitches before were supposed to be, and added those. I did this because the pattern does match at the beginning of the round, so preventing a discontinuity there was more important than a discontinuity at the butterfly pattern.
I made a series of fractals for the challenge this week. You could use as many transforms as you wanted, but they all had to have one variation.
I entered the bipolar one, since I liked the stained glass look. This week the challenge is to make an Alien Vase. Yeah, whatever that means.
That's all for now, take care guys
Molly : )