Saturday, March 9, 2013

FO! Cinch Socks

By the time you receive this transmission they should already be in Canada.


 They don't fit me quite right, but they should work for the recipient.

 Yep I made Cinch for a swap.I will probably make Cinch for myself too.

I danced with 2 partners for the Sock Knitters Do-Si-Do KAL, though I didn't finish by the end of February. I sorta lost my need for speed after March hit. I was close : ) I am really happy I got a chance to knit these.

Having never knit a pay sock pattern before, I was really impressed with all of the information that Krysten (check out her blog) included in the pattern. I ended up only printing half of the 24 pages.

I know the side stripes were meant for scraps, but I decided that the main part could also use up some of my impressive scrap pile. I was 2 yards short with the purple for the toe, so I ripped back the first sock toe every row decreases to make them both match.

Never have I ever knit socks flat, and you know what, it was fun.It might be my love for making socks that are in the neither category when it comes to toe-up vs cuff-down. I am contrary like that.

My other modular knitting projects were actually right side only ones. It might have been a little bit of a stretch, for that KAL.

After knitting these it is easy to see a few places where I could fiddle with the fit. I did add a heel flap and gusset, but I could tweak the circumference with the strips either the contrast or the MC. I might make a pair for me with an even number in the strips instead of an odd to make them a smidge smaller.

In terms of lessons learned, no I can't knit a pair of socks for a deadline 10 days away with only normal knitting time, I didn't leave enough time to get these out the door.

That's all for now, take care guys!

Molly : )

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to know how these were constructed without paying for the pattern.

    That sounds odd. What I mean is, I don't see myself ever knitting these but I'm curious as to how they're made.

    Knitted flat makes a lot of sense.

    They look fantastic by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I bet you could knit stripe tease, and have the same effect.

      Molly : )

      Delete