Thursday, February 21, 2013

One down, 55 to go . . .

3 hours for that first repeat. And actually the first repeat is now a lie. I ripped it out when I realized I was way off in the second repeat, and I had done the very edge in knit instead of garter for the first repeat. So much trouble this evenstar shawl.

It is sitting in a heap on my living room floor until March.

In the mean time I am working on a pair of socks. I have been on a scrap kick. I have a lot of small balls of sock yarn.

These are just scraps that I thought could work together in a fair isle pattern. I tried something, but I wasn't entirely digging it, and a better opportunity came up.

I am using some of these small balls to knit Cinch.


Already I have done a couple of mods. I added stripes in the main color, because I don't have enough of either. I also subbed in a flap and gusset heel for the no wrap short row heel.


I will see when I add the front strip if whacking in a heel like that actually worked.

I had to do a bit back because I started the front strip out of line with the others. I think I am back on track. It has been coming together quickly.

No spinning this week, mostly because I am obsessed with getting this pair of socks done.

Department of Stashquisitions:

I got some mail this week, I won a prize for completing Beatnik!

So Megan of Stockinette Zombies sent me a skein of Dyeabolical Strong Arm Skinny in the I Love Rock and Roll colorway.

YAY!


That's all for now, take care guys!

Molly : )

2 comments:

  1. that collection of sock yarn - how do you know it's all sock yarn.

    are you super organised and keep it sorted by weight or is there another way of telling?

    I may not be the super organised type and have a bag very similar to that, but i'm pretty sure its not all sock yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beks

      I have been knitting socks since November of 2009, so I remember what I have used in the past for socks, even if it wasn't a fingering weight yarn. I keep my sock scraps in a ziplock bag, my Wollmeise in a different ziplock bag, and my worsted wool, and my worsted acrylic separate. So, I am organized, I am not sure about super organized.

      I am so glad that I can go through my bag and figure out ways to combine the scraps in a fetching way. Initially everything was so different that it would have been a clown barf explosion.

      Does that help?

      Molly : )

      Delete