Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Episode 42: Stash Dash Game Plan

This week I am a woman on a mission. I mostly talk about all of the plans I have for Stash Dash. 7719 yards of plans.
 

To the left is the alive dogwood to the left is the dead one. Look how amazing the oak tree looks in the back yard!


Knitting:
Standwanderer

Handspun Socks apparently this is my 9th pair with this pattern.6 are mine, 1 is my mom's and 1 is the DSLO's


Spinning:
Finished a 2oz skein of the Chocolate Shetland Fleece

Started spinning a new 2oz skein of Chocolate Shetland Fleece

Vague Plans:
Stash Dash 2014!!! 5468 yards needed

Standwanderer 650
I forgot to mention my Handspun socks ~300
Chocolate Shetland Fleece 82
Magic Mirror toe reknit 370
Elphaba bodice reknit 1035

2137 done in the first week

Romney + Regia Hand Effect 459 + 523
Coopworth + Noro Silk Garden 241 + 328

3688 with the weaving

Maurits Socks 400
Mountain Colors Socks  425
Wollmeise Socks Dora and graf ratz? or Wasserratz? 336 + 162

4987 with 3 pairs of man socks

Nest Primavera superwash merino 300

Redfish Dyeworks 50/50 merino silk  600
2 more Chocolate Shetland Fleece skeins 82 + 82

6051 spinning with spinning intents

Walk on the Nuvem (or another direction) in Magnolie Dark, Graf Ratz and Pinie 1740

7791 yards after the Nuvem

Stashquistions:
The trunk of the dogwood tree, saved to be turned into spindles.

Stash Graph!




I finally had a chance to sit down, weigh my leftovers, and figure out where I stand.

I have slightly less yarn, slightly more skeins, so input was about output for the past few months, who knew?

When I finish the strandwanderer my lace will decrease significantly. I don't have plans at this point to get more. Wollmeise Lace is very hard to get a hold of currently, and for the foreseeable future. I have 2 whole blue skeins, and I showed all of my partials more or less on the podcast.

My stash dash plans will make a dent in the sock yarn, a little bit. I really want to do scrappy socks again, since my scraps are a little out of control at this point.

Random and All Over the Place:
The Oldest Anything KAL, with Emily of Whatcha Swatchin Podcast, going from April 1 to May 31st
Some one from the power company is coming to find ways to save energy
I have a lot of free time and therefore flexibility
A big announcement is coming this week, not a baby hahaha
Why Stash Dash is special for me
The dogwood tree died, we are going to put in a new tree
Recording again May 20th

That is all for now, take care guys!

Molly : )

No comments:

Post a Comment