Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WIPW: Socks Onward!

I am addicted to blog linking now. I love how a lot of fun people drop by, and perhaps some of you guys didn't realize it, but I do try to reply to every comment. I am not sure how to ensure you see my replies however. So, after a week of not linking up in time, this week I am making it.

I am still knitting the scrappy cinch socks.


I get to work on them sporadically, so it does not seem to be going as fast as the first sock.


If I was super smart I would be knitting on these while I completed my literature review. I have one and half more rows of the purple, 18 of the white, and 14 ish of purple again before I finish the foot bottom. Then 2 other strips XD.

Just so I could say I did, here is Evenstar, lying in a pile on my dining room table/desk/command center.


Everything is ready to go, for once I finish these socks.       So     many     beads!

I also had a baking win this week. I did not realize a rolling pin was a very important aspect of an even pizza crust. I stand corrected.

Om nom nom. It is the prettiest pizza I have ever made.

In super duper exciting news, I am proud to announce that I am a co-host on the joy and smiles podcast. Joyatee and I recorded Friday at lunch, and the show should be up pretty soon on her blog. So, if you are interested you should totally check us out. I think we both impress each other with our knitting, me with her sweaters (quantity and quality), and her with my crazy complicated pattern choices. We are both PhD students, so hopefully we can carve out this time every week to record.


So this concludes today's WIP Wednesday post, please go and check out the other bloggers this week here.

Take care guys

Molly : )

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love scrappy socks. The blog links are a fun way of getting exposed to a lot of other bloggers who you might not otherwise have too much in common with. I don't usually check back on blogs I've commented on, but if you link again next week, I'll visit again to see how those socks have come along.

    I can't say much about the beading. I spent two weeks considering a Pampas Stole, did a small swatch and bailed. Too much beading for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started small with beading, a shawl with 100 or so, and then knit it 4 more times.

      I might be making a lot more scrappy socks this year. It is fun.

      Molly : )

      Delete
  2. Can't live without my rolling pin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had only ever used it for pie crusts. I think I am going to use it for pizza dough from now on.

      What did you get with the Gift Certificate?

      Molly : )

      Delete