Monday, April 23, 2012

Queen of Hearts

I figured out the HTML to make hearts. I can now spread love everywhere on the internet :D

Life has been busy, in the 'I don't have a lot of time to do fun things' way.

Don't you hate it when something comes up and you need to drop everything? This week I spent a lot of time studying for test, then took it, and in all odds failed it since 2 hours was not nearly enough time to finish it, then the professor assigned it as a take-home test, which is taking hours upon hours. The good news, I am totally acing this test now. The bad news, I needed to work on the project for the class too.

I have been trying to be good and work consistently on the project, but I realized today, that I need the results by the end of the weekend, so I can spend the rest of the week writing things up and polishing. It is hard to tell if that is reasonable or not.

On the fractal front, I am trying out a new technique for the fractal challenge this week.

I was really impressed with the quality of the tutorial, and the best part is that there is no possible way that anyone will make a carbon copy of this flame. It was much more about procedure and not about 'position this transform exactly here'.

The challenging part was the making it my own step. I decided to add stars by using radial blur, and I added some wires, but it seems like it takes away from the fractal. The next step is to sub one on the linear variations for something a little different and see how that tweaks it. In 2 hours I will see how it turns out.

All in all, it is sorta fun to take a break from the highly geometrical flames to make something soft, and detailed. By changing around a variation or two it is possible to make this style much more interesting than just clouds and nebulas.

On the knitting front I am proud to say I finally finished an ongoing project. Yep, I finally finished the last bridesmaid shawl this weekend. YEA!

 See, look at how happy I am, to see the end of this project of projects. Now everyone can have a navy blue keepsake, that is far easier to wear than a dress. I even wove in all of the ends after I took the picture. I guess I forgot the finishing step on most of them, whoops. I might re-block them before I given them away, because the first shawl is much smaller than the last shawl. I'm not sure.

I really hope they like the shawl. I am wearing mine today, and seeing as I am not the most fashion forward person ever, I am trying to rock the shawlette look anyways.

In celebration I swatched :D

I started featherweight, and I had to drop 2 needle sizes to make gauge. I didn't realize I was such a loose knitter. In desperation I was about to go to size 3, luckily it was a case where I was too impatient to wait for the swatch to dry. Once it was dry the gauge was spot on.

I am excited with how it is turning out, though the real test will be if everything fits right at the split for sleeves stage. The goal is to finish this before June 19th. Right now, I have no clue if that is realistic. It just means I have about 2 months to knit a sweater on size 4 needles. It took 5-6 weeks to do a sweater with size 5 needles. I am sure I'll figure something out.

In exciting life news, the dear sweet lovable one are getting married in 2 months! I hadn't really kept a countdown going, but now it seems like it is really happening. And less than 2 months from now we will be moving, somewhere. Either into a duplex, or in our own house! We are sorta running out of time, and we are negotiating about what it is we really want. It makes sense financially to buy a house. However we decided spur of the moment that we wanted to do this, which might have been a bit rash. We will make it work either way. The time for procrastination is over!

That's all for now, take care guys

Molly : )


  1. The black lace on the red couch looks a bit like post-modern antimassacars!